We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

windows 8 problems after upgrade

Eddie 2425

Likes # 0

bought my win8 upgrade disc from pc world today and off I went . I have 2 problems, the first is I keep getting told I need net framework 3.5 (includes net 2.0 and 3.0, tried to down load even went to microsofts net frame work 3.5 service pack 1 keeps saying unable to connect to internet, yet I am the net ? problem 2 I now don't have a touch screen any more ?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Not really sure if you need those things that it is asking for.Are you doing a clean install or are you trying to save your files and folders.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Maybe misread your post.Did it download W.8 and is it running.If so check msconfig and click on boot and see if both XP and W/8 is on there.

Not sure if you tried a dual boot or not.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Just googled for your problem and it looks like there are quite a few others with the same sort of problems.

Maybe others will be able to give you the advice that you need but a bit complicated for me.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

The .NET Framework 4.5 is included with Windows 8 and installed on your computer with the operating system. However, the .NET Framework 3.5 is not automatically installed with Windows 8.

To run applications that require the .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows 8, you must enable version 3.5 on your computer. You can do this via the Control Panel. In Control Panel, choose 'Programs and Features', then choose 'Turn Windows features on or off', and then select the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 check box.

Like this post
Eddie 2425

Likes # 0

hi all many thanks for the replies, my first problem is solved , what I did was to reinstall win8 but this time I did a complete upgrade by clicking "none" to files and programs, this has solved the first issue. Forum editor I had already tried going into windows features, and selecting net framework but it would not save and kept going back to the 4.5 framework. Will now try and download drivers for touch screen many thanks for your help Eddie

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Videos leak as Microsoft sets 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

IBC 2014 news: video post, CG and VFX news from Adobe, Blackmagic, Eyeon and more

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...