We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can't install Win dows 8 - says have to uninstall intel Proset but can't

wasbikebloke

Likes # 0

I've bought and downloaded windows 8 but despite not coming up when my PC was searched for compatibility, Win 8 won't install because it says its not compatible with 2 intel products. One is easy to remove but the other won't uninstall (intel Proset wireless software for bluetooth technology)and comes up with 'problem with windows installer package'. I've tried reinstlling the package from Dell (the PC is a Dell Inspiron N5110) and various other manual attempts but it won't go, Looks like a common problem but I'm getting nowhere! I also can't get hold of mocrosoft to get a refund!!!!! gggrrrr this shoiuld have been simple! Please help

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Like this post
wasbikebloke

Likes # 0

I'm in windows 7 and trying to upgrade to Windows 8 - which is being blocked because I can't uninstall 'Intel(R) Proset/Wireless software for Bluetooth(R) devicesTechnology'.

I can't uninstall the offending file beacuse I follow the normal uninstall process but it halts with a warning 'problems with windows package'.

The program you list in your suggestion "Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless Bluetooth4.0+High Speed Adapter" isn't available in the list of programes to uninstall.

Can anyone help me either install the Windows 8 upgrade or get a refund from Microsoft?

Like this post
wasbikebloke

Likes # 0

I've also tried looking through the intel forums and the fix they list doesn't apply - I have no 'phantom adapters'

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

What about this? Intel.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The 30 best TV shows on Netflix UK: Our pick of the best programmes you can watch right now

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review (2.6GHz, 128GB, mid-2014)