We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 8 and Outlook 2003

QuizMan

Likes # 0

I have run the W8 compatibility checker and everything is fine except, rather surprisingly. MS Outlook 2003. Outlook 2003 is one of those programs that I have used and come to rely on over the years and Outlook is not part of the MS Office 2007 suite that I also use.

I cannot really justify paying for a newer version of Outlook, but can anybody confirm that is does not work with W8? Otherwise, any recommendations for an alternative that will accept OST & PST files?

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

Thanks to everyone for their input. There are conflicting comments which makes me err on the the side of caution. I can do without Windows 8 (although the £25 upgrade seemed too good to miss), but I cannot do without Outlook 2003 or justify an upgrade to 2010 so I shall stick where I am.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

7 coolest 3D-printed objects: Body parts, houses, camera lenses and even pizza

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks