We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 8 - not to everyone's taste it seems

TopCat®
Resolved

Likes # 0

Though written shortly before the Windows 8 launch, this person lists the reasons why he thinks the latest OS is, in his words, a catastrophe. I've been contemplating an upgrade myself, but his expressed opinion leaves me very uncertain.

Does anyone here agree or disagree with his findings?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

This thread is developing into something that really belongs in our dedicated Windows 8 forum, rather than in Speakers Corner - I'm moving it across now.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Microsoft a question ,why have you hidden the refresh button in IE 10?

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

'why have you hidden the refresh button in IE 10?'

It's at the right hand end of the search box on mine.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

It is now on mine but I had to find the setting to put it there.

Like this post
Bapou

Likes # 0

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Bapou

That doesn't work pressing shift and F8 does nothing and that is the problem.

msconfig works but you have to able to open windows to get into that.

I started another thread on W/8 to see if there were any fixes for it but apart from the FE there have been no more replies.

It is not desperate just wondering what to do if I ever need it.And we all need it now and again.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...