We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Hdd identification is intermitent

compy
Resolved

Likes # 0

Win 7 pro,3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-2600K, Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. P67A-UD4-B3 , Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 [Hard drive] (1000.20 GB) -- drive 1, rev JP4OA3MA, SMART Status: Healthy OCZ-VERTEX4 [Hard drive] (256.06 GB) -- drive 0, SMART Status: Healthy

I installed a ssd with paragon software migration. success. Old hdd has system reserved and a copy of the transfered partion still on it. I decided to make the old (hdd) transferred partition smaller and add a partition, this was stopped when said that I had reached the limit of partitions allowed. I then returned the drive to its original state of 4 partitions, system,h,g,&e. Since then when ever I start the comp, it's searching for the drive "I", which was the temporary drive installed when I tried to add a partition. The widows explorer screen is constantly flicking when it searches, finds , & loses drive "I". I also get multiple auto play screens for Drive "I". So, What's the next course of action? Thank you in advance for any suggestions. Compy.

Like this post
compy

Likes # 0

I have taken the bull, and formatted the drive.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...