We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to delete Windows Old

RussB78
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi all,

Can someone please tell me how to remove the Windows Old Folder after installation of Windows 8.

Many thanks

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Have a look here.

Like this post
RussB78

Likes # 0

Many thanks RDave13 for your help, I`m just about to have a go at it and will post back.

Like this post
RussB78

Likes # 0

Had a good try with that link but no luck.

I dont get the same options on disk clean up and absolutely no way could I get that Elevated Command Prompt up and running. Many thanks for your help RDave13, I think I will leave it for now, its only on my Laptop and that can wait.

Many Thanks,

Russell

Like this post
RussB78

Likes # 0

I formatted my laptops SSD and installed a completely new install, everything works just fine now.

Many thanks for the help.

Thanks a lot,

Russell

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Sorry it didn't work. I'd have found the folder and just deleted it if the correct way didn't work. I think a clean install is better than upgrading .

Like this post
RussB78

Likes # 0

Hi RDave13

Job Done on Laptop, Got rid of Windows Old folder with Disk Cleanup, it`s strange because I had already tried that way a few times,it was your link that helped me, many thanks for that.

Kind regards

Russell

Like this post
RussB78

Likes # 0

Hi RDave13

Job Done on Laptop, Got rid of Windows Old folder with Disk Cleanup, it`s strange because I had already tried that way a few times,it was your link that helped me, many thanks for that.

Kind regards

Russell

Like this post  
opera357

Likes # 0

yeah the link was very helpful...and when i was using the disk cleanup i found windows intall temp files which was 5gb

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S6 release date and specs rumours: When will the Galaxy S6 come out?

IDG UK Sites

How to win iTunes Festival 2014 tickets: See Pharrell Williams, Sam Smith, Kylie & more live, for...

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft's all or nothing bet on Windows Phone is the best way forward

IDG UK Sites

Google adds better type rendering to its Chrome browser on Windows