We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Store functions not working on various programmes

doubledispatch

Likes # 0

This is an internet related problem that has started a few days ago where integral functions of three seperate programmes on my computer have suddenly stopped working. This includes:

1. The Steam store (which has also prevented me from installing/updating games with an error message saying cannot access store content)

2. The Gamestop/Impulse store (preventing me from logging in at all - and installing and updating games)

3. The iTunes store (preventing me from acquiring new music)

I'm using an HP laptop with Windows 7, 64 bit. I'd be more inclined to believe that the issues were with the individual programmes if it weren't for their problems happening simulataneously and only on this laptop - other computers have not been affected. I'm wondering maybe if it's an ISP issue (I've got BT) - though I have taken this laptop to a different house and it's had the same issues, though admittedly the ISP there was also BT.

I've even tried doing a system restore and have taken the laptop to a time before the problems started but that's done absolutely nothing. What gets me is the very specific nature of these issues - because everything else is working fine on my computer - including internet browsing. Is it anything to do with HP perhaps?

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment on this matter.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Have you tried re-authorising (registering that pc) with the relevant stores?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

also check your security software isn't blocking them.

Like this post
doubledispatch

Likes # 0

I've just found the error; turns out I was running Internet Explorer through a proxy (presumably how these applications access the net). I didn't notice, however, as I use Firefox, which was not configured for running through a proxy.

Still, thanks for the responses.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Chromecast deals aplenty as gadget turns one: Discounts and free music streaming

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

5 ways drones are being used for good