We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Will you be installing Windows 8 next weekend?

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

The new version of Windows launches in three days time, and lots of people will find themselves faced with an unfamiliar interface. It's bound to raise a crop of questions, and this is the place to ask them.

Microsoft has sold 630 million Windows 7 licenses to date, and it's going to be interesting to see how many people make the upgrade move. let us have your thoughts - positive or negative.

Like this post
Ford Prefect 01

Likes # 0

Probably next Monday or Tuesday. I am at work over the weekend. Then I find out later in the week the answer to my question which I think is below this thread.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Ford Prefect 01

Your thread may not stay below this one for long, and in any case I answered your question some time ago.

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

Easy to answer

NO

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

No.

On one computer, bought only in May, MS say it will not run, and on another, a dual screen, Win 8 totally disables the second screen.

Like this post
daconnor

Likes # 0

On one computer, bought only in May, MS say it will not run,

Could you give details please?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I've just backed up a drive image of W7 to try it out on the 25 squid offer on Friday.

Idealy, I'd liked to have it on an now rarely used XP netbook, but the maximum screen resolution on that is 1024x600 and the MS site says that the requirement is 1366x768. So I'll have to save up for a W8 tablet.

Like this post
Zeppelyn

Likes # 0

Definitely No

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I bet you still travel by airship to go on holiday as well...

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"Could you give details please?"

Acer Aspire 5745PG. When I try to download/install I get a message that my computer is not compatible.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

I have prepared a spare drive and will definitely be installing Windows8 on it on Friday - hopefully;-)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'