We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Stuck in loop, Vista system recovery

olivense

Likes # 0

When I boot up, gives me option of startup repair or normal start. Both take me to System Recovery Options. I have tried all of these and they all take back to the Options menu. My recovery disks are not recognised. PC is Acer Aspire, no installation disk. Think I have tried every route, any ideas welcomed.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

My recovery discs are not recognised Have you set your CD/DVD drive as 1st boot? Instructions on how to do this here enter link description here

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

OR try booting into Safe Mode enter link description here

Like this post
olivense

Likes # 0

tried both of these, no joy, can't get into safe mode, takes me straight to System Recovery Options. Looks like it's headed for the eco-park!

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

You can create a Vista System Repair Disc on another computer which will allow you access to repair your own - details here enter link description here

Like this post
olivense

Likes # 0

Done that,does not do anything, no menu,nothing from the recovery disk.

Like this post
mole1944

Likes # 0

Take the drive out of the laptop and format it in another machine then try a fresh install,saving all your data first of course i asume anyway you have backed up your data as well,i use Acronis to make clone copies of both laptop and desktop via an external sata docking device,so i alway have a working drive to get my system up and running.

Like this post
motherlove90

Likes # 0

Oh yeah . Thanks you share info nice..!

I love music and like play games in friv .

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...