We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

BLUE SCREEN ERROR crashes in normal mode okay in safe mode

mightymo12

Likes # 0

hello, my laptop is only 5 months old and has started crashing after around 1 hr, interestingly it almost mirrors my last laptop which also got the blue screen crash but i never got it looked at, it stared off crashing after 1 hr or so but gradually crashed in less time to the point it crashes as soon as normal starts but is fine in safe mode. my new laptop i'm not sure if its an email link i've clicked on thats given me a virus or a hardware error these are the details.

Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem: BCCode: fe BCP1: 0000000000000008 BCP2: 0000000000000006 BCP3: 0000000000000005 BCP4: FFFFFA8008545160 OS Version: 617601 Service Pack: 1_0 Product: 768_1

any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

If it is OK in Safe Mode and blue screens in normal mode it is usually a faulty driver error. Have you installed any new hardware lately that is permanently connected? Maybe a web-cam, printer etc. or have you updated any of the driver software such as graphics, WiFi, blue-tooth or allowed some new Windows update to automatically update your system drivers?

Can you roll back via System Restore to a point where the blue screen stops occurring?

If it is only 5 months old it is still under guarantee and you might want to take it back to where you bought it from.

Like this post
mightymo12

Likes # 0

i bought it from asda and i don't think they send away for repair, i phoned them anyway and was told to check for driver errors i did that but it still crashed later

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Have you any System Restore points that you can go back to?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days