We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Internet Explorer on Vista, how do I get my old homepage back

laptopdunce

Likes # 0

I have IE on my vista laptop and I used to have a fantastic yahoo homepage that I could add those customs icons for various websites, something has happened and it has all been changed (i dont know how this happened!!) but now I have a yahoo homepage with no menu panel at the top, and I cant seem to get the old one back, how can I do this? I have been into tools at the top of the page and looked at internet options and put yahoo as the default homepage but I am only getting the very limited home page with only three icons at the top right, a little house for home, a star for view favourites, feeds etc., and a cog icon for tools, I just want to get my old style home page back where I can add those "custom aps" from the yahoo page, how can I get it all back to how it used to be?? thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Select View Tab at top - then toolbars - make your selections from there with ticks - your Menu bar will return.

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

thanks for that, I managed to get them back!! thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S6 release date, features and specs rumours: When will the Galaxy S6 come out?

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...