We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

unable to delete a desktop file

conrail

Likes # 0

been to a wedding over the weekend, before going I created a desktop file, wedding, with route to both hotel & venue, hotel reservations, etc., now I am back I want to delete the file but I am getting the message: "You need permission to perform this action You require permission from 'pc name'\'my name' to make changes to this folder Wedding Date created 02/08/2012 7:57pm" as I am the only user of this pc I don't know what I have done to protect the file, no body else touches the pc, have right clicked to see if there is an option for open as administrator. how can I delete this file, all help and advice appreciated.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Right click on file on your desktop - select Properties - then Security Tab - give yourself FULL permissions - that will enable you to delete it.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Disregard - DUPLICATE Post! enter link description here

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

thanks northumbria61, didn't realise until I received your post that I had posted this question twice, I apologise to one and all; http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/28/windows-7-help/4177520/unable-to-delete-a-desktop-file/ many thanks for your time and help, as you will see from the other post, the problem was resolved but I do appreciate your time and advice so again many thanks,

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

View an animated vision of a better future for Ethiopian girls

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...