We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

cannot delete windows 8

Ozy

Likes # 0

I installed Windows 8 release, later I installed Windows 8 enterprise on a different partition. I no longer wanted Windows 8 release, I tried to uninstall it, First I went into msconfig/ boot, and deleted windows 8 release, right click it in computer I tried format, it would not let me format, Tried “manage” format was greyed out Tried “baleric “ that also was greyed out Click computer, click win 8 release, started to delete what was inside, deleted user,tried to delete windows old, program files , windows, It would not let me . Now I am stuck with something I cannot boot, and cannot delete. Can someone please give me a “command prompt” line, So I can delete this “H” partition

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

It is well documentd that win 8 cannot be unstalled. It was covered in some detail in the early days still on this site.

It is presumed that you have already backed up your files and settings to an external drive? ( I found windows easy transfer worked well for me ) The boot manager should be removed after not before. If your win 8 enterprise is working use the disc management consul, from there try removing the partion. You will be able by the same method to reinstate the partion at a later date.

If this fails then you can try installing Win 8 Realease again. then remove it then remove the boot manager.

Another option if you have another working computer is to put the problem drive in it as second drive. this again useing disc management should allow you to format the partion

Like this post
Ozy

Likes # 0

i did what you said in your last sentence. now windows enterprise will not boot, i have reinstalled enterprise so every thing is how i want it thank you sharpamat

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

welcome

please click resolved

Like this post
Ozy

Likes # 0

i would if i new where to click! click resolved

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

If you click on the grey tick at the side of a post it will show as resolved

Like this post
alesha00

Likes # 0

While this subject can be very touchy for most people, my opinion is that there has to be a middle or common ground that we all can find. [url=http://www.realestatelawyernyc.com]landlord attorneys in nyc[/url] I do appreciate that youve added relevant and intelligent commentary here though

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Today's bargains phones, tablets, laptops and more for Black...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers