We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Live email error message

night

Likes # 0

I am using Windows 7 together with Windows Live email, which has been working ok until of late.My internet provider is Yahoo and emails in there are ok, but I prefer Windows Live email however this will not work when downloading emails as an error message comes up saying the server is in error and one has to reapetedly click on receive emails until they are all downloaded,surely Windows email should work no matter who your provder is can someone enlight me as to why BT Yahoo fails with Windows live emails.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

This any help? Yahoo.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

My yahoo email didn't work properly until I discovered collecting on pc won't work until you go online and into Webmail Account Options and tick for Allow POP in mail forwarding

Like this post
tony008

Likes # 0

It could be a firewall problem put wlm in the exceptions.

Like this post
night

Likes # 0

Have tried all but it seems Windows Live will NOT work correctly with BT Yahoo Mail, I have Norton and they say it is nothing to do Anti Virus, I wonder if anyone else has this annoying problem ?

Like this post
Badger Man

Likes # 0

I keep having the same problem (intermittently) for the past few weeks, using btinternet.com, and from posts on other magazine forums it seems to be affecting quite a number of users. Yesterday the error messages popped up - 0x80048820 for my Hotmail account, and 0x800CCC0D for my btinternet account, today Windows Live Mail is working normally - how long for remains to be seen!

Like this post
night

Likes # 0

Thanks Badger Man I ws begining to think it was just me with the problem, but how does one fix it ? I am suprised BT does not sort it, so looking for answer sill hope Bt see this then maybe we will get an anser to the problem thanks for your reply.

Like this post
Badger Man

Likes # 0

Microsoft released a new version 16.4.3505 of Live Mail yesterday - you can download this from filehippo.com - lets hope that this solves the problem! Whilst you are on the filehippo site download their Update Checker and run this regularly to see if any of your other programmes need updating.

Like this post
Badger Man

Likes # 0

New version did not solve the problem! When I signed on to Live Mail early this morning it was OK - all my messages downloaded in one go. Two hours later when I signed on again the first message downloaded, then the error message window appeared and I had to click on send/receive to get the second message (there were only two).When I run the BT Desktop Help programme it tells me that my BT internet email is set up OK and that any problems must be with another email programme, such as Hotmail.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Complete guide to iPhone and iPad settings: Get to know iOS 8 Settings UPDATED