We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is Microsoft work Suite compatible with Windows 7

ozzymodo

Likes # 0

Hi all,. My wife has a new laptop running Windows 7 and has migrated from Xp (which she loved) I have transferred most of her files and she now has a problem. Before on the xp laptop she used to work with Microsoft works Suite 2001that ran Microsoft Works 6.0 and mainly the Picture It part of the suite using the Picture It, Publishing 2001 Set up Design and Art. She still likes this prog as she is very comfortable with it and it does just what she wants it to do. The problem was that when she went to open one of her files it was a php file and tho she has got Office 2007 on her new pc it will not open the file. I tried to install the worksuite 2001 onto the new pc from the original discs that we have and after a while an error comes up unable to load dll file ?? Does this mean it is not compatible and if so can anyone reccomend a (free if possible) program that we can use to open/use the php files

Kind regards Ian n Jackie

Like this post
ozzymodo

Likes # 0

The actual error message says (after it says it installed it ok and requested a restart) Setup is unable to ofind SETUP.DLL which is needed to complete the installation Error 103

I have tried to run/install in compatible mode

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Works is one of Microsofts abject failures, not 100% compatible with anything. I dont know if it is usable on Win 7

I dont know of anything that will open the files but I'm sure somebody here will do.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

The Microsoft compatibility page for Windows7 shows that Picture It 2001 is not compatible.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today