We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Cannot download files Win 7/IE 9

Hetti

Likes # 0

I got a message flashing onscreen from Lastpass saying there was a file corrupt, but no further info as to how to fix it, I decided to uninstall Lastpass then reinstall, when I tried to download Last peass I got message saying "This file cannot be downloaded" the options were retry or cancel I clicked retry result was the same. Can anyone help me with this please? Running win 7/ IE9

Like this post
Hetti

Likes # 0

Update I should have tried to download other files to see if they were affected I only tried one other Slim Computer and that downloaded OK so it seems as if it is just Lastpass (FREE version) that is affected,I will also contact Lastpass but I suppose it will be a while before they get back so maybe get some ideas here before then.

Like this post
Hetti

Likes # 0

Update I tried to install Lastpass in safe mode....... still no joy

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Sounds like a registry corruption as it is a password manager. Have you run the registry cleaner in Ccleaner, then reboot and try again.

Latest version of Ccleaner (file hippo)

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

For some reason McAfee says my last link is dangerous so please do not use. Use this link, click here.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Absolutely nothing dodgy about Filehippo have used it for years.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...