We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problems using media drives with WIN7 explorer 64-bit

viceregent

Likes # 0

RECENT PROBLEMS REQUIRING A FIX 1. Although the Autoplay is selected as default, neither my DVD/CD Drive NOR MY Blue Ray drive will autoplay. They require to be opened manually. 2. I am unable to use Drag-and-Drop in Windows Explorer to copy files to a removable disc OF ANY TYPE/BRAND, yet both drives will successfully PLAY from any media source. 3. The Right-hand mouse click no longer shows the normal options. This situation applies irrespective of which mouse I use. For example, when I load OR try to copy files to a new disc, I get a message panel telling me the disc is not recognised and asking for it to be formatted....yet the format command has disappeared from the r/h mouse click.

Like this post
jamieamunra

Likes # 0

There are several reasons for this problem. AutoPlay might be restricted by Group Policy, it could be canceled by a program that is running, or the service that AutoPlay needs to start might not be running. Check if AutoPlay is restricted by Group Policy. Close other programs that might be interfering by accessing the device or media directly. Run the command prompt as Admin then type net start shellhwdetection, and then press Enter.

Restart your computer.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...