We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

i don't think so

Ozy

Likes # 0

If you are using Windows 7, be happy with it

Upgrade to Windows 8 you will not get the old windows start menu.

You get the “metro” interface instead, (I have got rid of some of the tiles,so I now have a nice box of 8 )

On one of my computers I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8 R.T.M.,it kept all my applications .

From www.lee-soft.com/vistart, I downloaded Vistart, (this is a free tool you can install to re-enable the windows 7-style Start Menu).

I can now ignore “Metro”, its just as if I am using Windows7

The only difference between Windows 7, and Windows 8 is the ribbon across the top of any application

Upgrading to XP or Vista to Windows 7 costs over £100.

To upgrade to Windows 8 from XP or Vista costs £25, this would be worthwhile.

Upgrading Windows 8 from Windows 7 is not worth the money, time or the bother.

If you have Windows 7 stick with it.

Like this post
Ozy

Likes # 0

i have changed my mind about windows 8, it boots up faster than 7. internet explorer 7 is always slow to boot, not windows 8 it boots as soon as you press the icon. and i like the ribbon accross the top of applications.also i have found a better application to put a start button on the task bar, from classic shell,www.classicshell.sourceforge.net/index.html vistart is a bit buggy.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...