We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Help with restore problem (I'm a twonk)

Kev.Ifty

Likes # 0

I have (had) 4 accounts on my PC. my Son's account some how ended up with a Trojan or Virus that AVG could not remove. The recommendtion was to load AVG Resuce CD. Wich I did. During loading, scandisk came up and I pressed the power botton on the computer thinking it had missed the AVG boot up installtion. I now cannot boot up.... The PC just keeps coming up with "Windows is starting up" then resets. The only options I have now are restore from back up and restore to Factory settings. Restore from back up has'nt worked. I've selected the Factory option...... So now I have no photo's or files etc.. Please point me the the right direction to be able to recover my pictures etc. Thanks!

Like this post
jamieamunra

Likes # 0

Hi there, you might want to try some file recovery software like File Recover or O&O unerase or check out this link for more options. In the future you might want to consider setting up only one account with admin rights and setting the rest as standard users to avoid such situations. Good luck

Like this post
daxian

Likes # 0

hi .... if you reset to factory then there is no way to recover files . this wipes all info and installs the o/s back to how it came from the factory.

Like this post
jamieamunra

Likes # 0

You might be able to recover some files if they have not been written over. Give the Recovery software a go. You wont loose anything.

Like this post
jamieamunra

Likes # 0

You might be able to recover some files if they have not been written over. Give the Recovery software a go. You wont loose anything.

Like this post
Kev.Ifty

Likes # 0

Thanks jamieamunra. Just running o&o at the min.... With fingers and toes crossed. Thank you for your help so far.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Convincing leaked photos show iPhone 6

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014