We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows vista crashed and computer not working

asif1

Likes # 0

Wilst browsing the net my computer suddenly crashed, so I restart it and when it's loaded it's stuck at the webpage it froze at. The webpage is the one telling me I'm not connected to the internet but like it's in full screen, I don't see any x button or minimise button or even the bottom of the screen where start is. So I restarted again but now It tells me windows failed to start and must install missing startup packages. After installing these packages when computer loads up it's back to the same webpage. I can only start and load up correctly in safe mode. I can't get anywhere in system restore as it tells me there is no saved restore points even though I know there is. Please help on this issue and all help will be greatly received.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Please tell us more about the machine you are trying to fix - desktop, laptop, netbook, make model etc. Do you have a Vista installation disc? Did you make recovery discs when you got the machine?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon, Argos, eBay,...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers