We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

lost wifi connection after waking from sleep or hibernate

stileguru

Likes # 0

Machine: Dell XPS17 laptop (702x) Windows 7 home premium Wifi adaptor: Intel Wifi Link 1000 BGN Router: Belkin F5D7634-4 802.11G Reconnection takes 3 or more minutes to establish after sleep. Tried all the on-line advice e.g setting power scheme to max power; unticking box in adaptor settings 'Allow computer to turn off this device'. Tried to update drivers for wifi adaptor but the update process says I have the latest drivers. However Dell's driver site analysed my laptop and says there is a later driver for download. Tried installing this but was stopped by message saying it wasn't authenticated/certified so terminated. Anyone had this problem, and how did they solve it?

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Not unusual - sleep function has always been a pain in Windows. I gave up on it a couple of versions ago and judging by forum threads it is still a problem.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

7 coolest 3D-printed objects: Body parts, houses, camera lenses and even pizza

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks