We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 8 Fact or Fiction ?

sharpamat

Likes # 0

If the latest news over Win 8 proves correct it seems to indicate to me that even Microsoft has doubts over their new operating system, as some posters are now asking in the forums

It does confirm my decision not to pay for Win 8 but stick to 7

http://www.windows8update.com/2012/09/04/microsoft-will-allow-windows-8-users-to-downgrade/?awtl=HaGAo&awtm=3c7NN9yu8_5gY18

Paying for first an upgrade, then a downgrade ( no doubt at a price ) Is a waste of time. As is buying a new system with Win 8 preinstalled, only then to downgrade to either 7 or even Vista is not to me a way foward but a way back.

I also wonder what system makers responce will be to this?

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

As they can not stop us removing win8 and installing any OS we like on our own PC - are they saying - buy win8 and if you do not like it you can have win7 free?

Like this post
Zeppelyn

Likes # 0

I have no intention of moving to Win 8 and have 2 copies of Win 7 Pro tucked away should I buy new in the next year or so.

Like this post
G-telware

Likes # 0

You are right but Windows 7 is better than windows 8, could you elaborate me about the Window 8 ?

Like this post
ciscodisco

Likes # 0

Hello, I don’t see what’s different? They allowed users on Windows 7 the option to downgrade and there doing the same now. Like any new OS it’s a major leap for businesses and will introduce technical and management issues.

I believe it was free for Windows 7 to downgrade to XP and will probably be the same.

Like this post
G-telware

Likes # 0

Yes you are right thats what I am saying, Windows 7 is better option for users.

Like this post
nihao15

Likes # 0

Windows 7 is better option for users.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I don't under stand this 'Windows 7 is better option for users' malarkey. I've not run Win 8 in any form so read other's thoughts and read of other's experience of actually running 8.

nihao15 and G-telware , have either of you actually run Win 8 on your PCs?

Like this post
alesha00

Likes # 0

This is a fantastic site and very engaging too. Excellent work! That’s not really much coming from an amateur publisher like me, [url=http://www.realestatelawyernyc.com]long island closing attorney[/url] but it’s all I could think after enjoying your posts. Great grammar and vocabulary. Not like other site. You really know what you’re talking about too. So much that you made me want to explore more. Your blog has become a stepping stone for me, my friend. Thanks for the detailed journey. I really enjoyed the posts that I have read so far.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow