We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Links not opening in Internet Explorer 9

howard64

Likes # 0

I have a Windows 7 64bit home premium pc and a paid for lifetime subscription to roboforms 6. W7 has 2 versions of Internet Explorer 9 on it, the 32bit and the 64bit version. Roboforms works perfectly with IE9 32bit but does not work at all with the 64bit version. IE9 32bit will not open links that are in emails but the 64bit version does. Can anyone suggest a way of making the 32bit version open links so that I can continue using roboforms? I have used Microsoft Fix it and set the program as my default but had no success. Thanks in advance.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Have a look at the suggestions from The Windows Club, though this is for IE not opening any links.

Like this post
howard64

Likes # 0

thanks rdave13 but none of these suggestions worked.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

In connection with roboform this article, with download, says Roboform 7 is now compatible with IE9 64-bit.

This article from roboform says you can upgrade to version 7 if you purchased roboform after the 1st September 2010. If you bought it before then you will get a discounted upgrade.

Like this post
howard64

Likes # 0

thanks but having paid for a lifetime license with robo 6 I do not intend to pay more annually for 7 than I paid originally for 6.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Have you considered another browser? Firefox for example.

Like this post
howard64

Likes # 0

unfortunately all versions of firefox after 3 do not support roboforms6

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Just been investigating that - seems most browsers support version 7 but only earlier versions of them support version 6. I noticed that Chrome and Opera have a "Lite" version that is free - don't know whether this would give you the same functionality.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen