We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Laptop won't boot up, SAMSUNG RV510

Jakbuc90

Likes # 0

This morning, my laptop turned on fine, and after I had logged in, the screen went blue and a message came up which said that my laptop had been affected by a virus and had to power off to prevent and further damage being done. But now when I try and turn my laptop on, the blue light comes on, but the screen stays blank as it won't boot up. How could this be fixed?

Cheers, JAKE

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

You could do a startup repair if you have the windows 7 disk

Boot fromm DVD - put the disk in and boot up
Click: Repair your Computer (DO NOT CLICK INSTALL NOW)
Choose windows 7 installation.
Choose Startup Repair
Click Finish

This should repair any corrupt files causing the problem. This may have to be repeated.

If this does not solve the problem try the System Restore option which you will find underneath startup Repair.

Once you are in business again do a complete virus scan. Can I suggest that you download free malwarebytes and do a scan using that.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen