We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HP Photosmart 7510 does not work with Windows 8 RTM

SonarSubs

Likes # 0

http://gallery.butzbach.net/d/143-1/hpphotosmart7510.jpg

Downloads successfully from HP site, but gives error upon install. Ran as administrator, and compatibility ran with Windows 7, both unsuccessful.

I just don't want to have to buy another printer because they don't want to upgrade an old printer...

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Companies like HP will often not release updated rivers for new Windows versions until some time after the final version of the software has been released for sale. Sometimes they don't release a driver at all - it all depends on the age of the hardware device involved.

In your case the printer is a relatively recent model, and I would expect to see a working driver released pretty soon after Windows 8 is on general sale - it might even be included in the driver database that will come with the Windows 8 installation DVD.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I seem to recall that drivers and software for the HP Photosmart printer I was using at the time took a while to appear after the retail versions of Win 7 were available.

The software suite, in particular, went through several incarnations before they got it somewhere near right.

Like this post
SonarSubs

Likes # 0

Thanks for the info. I'll just wait till the release date to start pinging HP on support. Meanwhile, use a dual-boot with Windows 7 to keep using the printer.

Like this post
uliandim

Likes # 0

I downloaded from here and it is working perfectly with my HP - http://www.blog4tech.net/download-now-windows-8-rtm-from-technetmsdn/

Like this post
gos1

Likes # 0

In Windows 8, all you have to do is search for "printer" choose "add printer", it will take you to the devices metro page. Your printer, if it is on and on the network, will automatically appear. Just click it to install.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Microsoft teases new OS ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

September 2014 creative trends: 5 things you must see

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September