We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

unable to install itunes update

David Beverley

Likes # 0

I have just bought an iPad and have to update my version of iTunes. Currently I am running version 10:4:1:10 and need to update to 10:6:3. I have downloaded iTunes no problem but at the end of installation I get the following message “There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A programme for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package Vendor” I have gone into services.msc and to the windows installer and run Start and also changed from manual to automatic to no avail

I am running Windows 7 64 bit with McAfee anti-virus software. I want to synch my iTunes library to my iPad any suggestions as to how I can install the iTunes update?

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

See here: i Tunes

Also you could try completely uninstalling iTunes then reinstalling the new version. You will not lose the music etc as it is held in a "non programme" folder, but as a precaution I would copy your music etc to another drive if you have one. My i tunes music etc is in a data partition :F/My Documents/My Music/iTunes, but the actual programme file are in c/programme files(x86)/iTunes.(So you see there should be no problem in uninstalling / reinstalling these)

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

You may be interested in this article about updating Apple Software that may be causing your problem.

Like this post
David Beverley

Likes # 0

Many thanks I uninstalled all apple products and did a clean download and install of the most recent version of iTunes and all seems to be well

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Good news.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015