We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Latest Windows 7 Updates Problems

250diesel

Likes # 0

Today 18/8/'12 I received notification (in notification area) of Windows 7 and Office 2012 'essential' updates. These downloaded and when the automatic restart started the system completely locked. Windows Repair started and could not find a solution. I had to get onto system manufacturer to get running again (thank you Palicomp). I then tried again - download seemed to go OK but on auto restart > configuring Windows I got 8 updates failed message. On checking I found that Office updates had installed but all Windows 7 had failed. I tries again with same results > "Failure to configure Windows updates. Reverting Changes and an automatic reboot. I then ran 'Windows Mr Fix-It'. No change, Failure to configure Reverting Changes. Tried running 'Mr Fix-It' again and again installing updates - same results. I now have Windows Updates Available permanently in notification area. Anybody else had a problem with the latest updates? Or has anybody got any solution? All an any help appreciated. 250diesel.

Like this post
xania

Likes # 0

This is now getting serious. Managed to install the first 4 uopdates, then ran the security update for IE9 only to find that this has now wreaked my Google Chrome installation. I also now have added to the stream difarn found and will be reprting this in more detail there.

Like this post
xania

Likes # 0

Tried one last time. Used System Restore to overcome the IE9 problem (system said it failed to restore completely but all seems OK). Installed KB2647753 and KB2729094, rebooted and then installed KB2732487 and KB2732500. Seems i now have a working system again - let's hope IE9 update doesn't try to install again.

Anyhow, on a nicer note royalists might like to see this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8nJhG1xE5o&feature=em-sharevideouser

Like this post
norris12

Likes # 0

Hello all who have this problem. I fixed it by going into Control Panel -Windows Update, deselecting all tick boxes except one and install / reboot after each one and all then was well. The 'Mr Fixit?' download did nothing and even Microsoft support site did not say that at least 2 of the updates were conflicting with each other, preventing installation. Which 2? Don't know.

Cheers ...norris12

Like this post
Costy

Likes # 0

I'm getting this error all the time:

Update for Kernel-Mode Driver Framework version 1.11 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2685811)

Installation date: ‎23/‎11/‎2012 00:47

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 8007007E

Update type: Recommended

Install this update to resolve issues in Windows. For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update, see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article for more information. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

More information: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2685811

Help and Support: http://support.microsoft.com

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...