We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

BT Broadband Script Error message

tallboy

Likes # 0

Shortly after I start up my Windows 7 PC I get a script error message:

Line: 10

Char: 7

Error: 'config' is undefind

Code: 0

URL: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/BT%20Broadband%20Desktop%20Help/btbb/OCB/d0df203c-a2dd-449c-8db8-1eda43819600/Tasks.html

It doesn't seem to affect anything and it makes no difference whether I say 'Yes' or 'No' when the message asks me if I wish to continue running scripts on this page.

However, I'd like fix it and stop the error message coming up. Any suggestion as to a suitable fix would be most welcome.

Thanks

Tallboy

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

You could try a command to check and repair any corrupt system files.

Start - type in cmd Click on the black cmd box In the command prompt box type

sfc /scannow

There should be a space between the c and the /

Like this post
tallboy

Likes # 0

Thanks for the reply difarn. I have successfully used sfc/ scannow in the past. However, when I tried it in the console this time I got the Microsoft message "You must be an administrator running a console session in order to use the sfc utility."

Well, I am the administrator as far as my PC is concerned! I guess I could try doing it in 'Safe Mode', but that seems a bit drastic for the sfc utility.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Tallboy

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Try these:-

start-all programmes - accessories - right click on command prompt - in the drop down menu choose "run as administrator" then enter sfc /scannow

If this doesn't work try:-

Right-click a blank area on your desktop.
Left-click New
Left-click Shortcut
Type cmd.exe
Press Enter a couple of times. You now have a new shortcut on your desktop.
Right-click the new shortcut.
Left click the line "Run as administrator".
Left-click Yes.
Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

difarn , no need for the space, just type sfc/scannow. In search bar type cmd. In the list that appears right click CMD and run as administrator. Type sfc/scannow and press enter. If it finds a fault it cannot fix then run it again a few times. Type exit to close CMD.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

rdave13

I have been using this for many means and this is how I was advised to use it - have tried it without and it doesn't work for me. I was giving tallboy some alternatives how to get the run as administrator box as he had tried your way.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Chromecast deals aplenty as gadget turns one: Discounts and free music streaming

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

5 ways drones are being used for good