We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

page not responding

rocketbob

Likes # 0

when i type in the search box for any website the homepage comes up but then when i click on the homepage it says website not resonding. i run a full scan on kaspersky for any virus but it came back no issues found any clues

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Can you explain in more detail please and tell us which browser you are using.

Do you mean that when you click on a link in the homepage of the website you get the 'website not responding' message?

Post a link to a website that does this or is it every website? (I presume you are not on the pc that does it or you wouldn't have been able to start your thread on here)

Like this post
rocketbob

Likes # 0

i was using bt yahoo.com ie9. and i do get webbpage not responding when i click on a link in the home page. i have change to google chrome and it seems to be working ok so it must be a issue with ie9 any clues.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

There were problems last year with IE9 and BT Yahoo page. Have you tried in 'Compatibility Mode'?

Like this post
rocketbob

Likes # 0

thanks lotvic. i removed IE9 then download it again to pc seems to be working ok, i will keep that in mind[ compatibility mode]. still thinking that chrome is faster than IE9. MANY THANKS

Like this post
rocketbob

Likes # 0

still got the same issue with bt yahoo. i gave compatibility mode a try but still the same. i am using firefox at the moment. my email address is with btyahoo can i set up my email to work with firefox or do i need a new email address.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

No you don't need a new email address. Just go to the url of the bt yahoo page using Firefox browser, log in and bookmark the page, or make it your homepage if you want to.

Like this post
rocketbob

Likes # 0

thanks lotvic

Like this post
tammie_norie

Likes # 0

I also have the same problems (on 2 PCs using IE9 & BTYahoo) The problem is intermittent and seems only to have started within the last couple of months- has this problem been looked at by the BTYahoo gurus?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

tammie_norie sorry you are having a problem. Please can you start your own thread (Click on 'Ask a Question') this thread belongs to rocketbob and his/her problem. It makes no difference that the problems appear to be same/ identical, answers on what has been tried get confusing when advice is for different posters.

Like this post
rocketbob

Likes # 0

reading my post i see that tammie-norie has the same issue with bt yahoo ie9 i went on the bt forum asked why the web pages were freezing someone said it was the ram on my pc but only using 48%. i used bt yahoo ie9 to log into pc advisor tonight but it took ages. if i uninstall ie9 then install it again it works for a while then starts to play up again. i also removed java because i was told there was a security issue with it is that right.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...