We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Vista SP1 Will not install evan after clean start

JLT62

Likes # 0

I am running Vista on a desk top and have been trying to install SP1 I read all the advice given on sites such as this one and tried everything all to no avail. So I did a complete restart and reloaded Vista and with no other programs or drivers on the computer I kept downloading and installing updates as they were offered until I got to SP1 which yet again failed to install. It shows in the updated history as being installed OK, but doesn't show in installed updates, and keeps been offered to me as a new update available.

I have checked my Hard drive, downloaded windows fix it and download help and it will still not be installed and recognized by the computer.

HELP John

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

You may like to read this article giving you some alternatives.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

This is what I would do -

1. Reinstall Vista
  2. Download and install Vista SP1 (turn off Windows Automatic Updates prior to this)
  3. Download and install the latest SP2 for Vista from here enter link description here
  4. Turn Windows Updates back on.

Note - The latest service pack for Windows Vista is Service Pack 2 (SP2). To install Windows Vista SP2, you must first have SP1 installed.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Convincing leaked photos show iPhone 6

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014