We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Win8 RP fast boot don't work on my Acer One 751h netbook

Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

I'm not too bothered as I don't really have a purpose for it at the moment now that Ive finished college and doing mac graphics design in sept lol.

With the DP, my netbook saw the fast boot up as just normal cold boot,

With the CP, it sees it as like booting from hibernation, so can't access bios etc unless i do a restart or do a cold boot.

With the RP, if I keep the fast boot enabled, when i power up, when it gets to the logon screen/picture it suddenly restarts so its doing a cold boot.

And I tested hibernation too, and its doing the exact same thing.

So I have to disable hibernation and fast boot -__-

As mentioned in the title, Its an Acer One 751h (forever mixing 5&1 up lol -__-)

Anyone else having this with the RP?

It works fine on my sisters netbook and in parallels desktop 7 on my mac.

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

anyone?

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I think the problem might be your use of Initials - most peoples are used to normal English.

What for instance is DP, CP & RP?? I thought I had a reasonable amount of common sense, but could not be bothered to spend time working out/guessing what each means!

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

DP = Developer Preview

CP = Consumer Preview

RP = Release Preveiw

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

You are, apparently, running bets of various descriptions. What do you expect.

Tell Microsoft!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...