We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

WINDOW VISTA OS REINSTALL PROBLEM

edsweeney

Likes # 0

My computer from PC World came with windows vista preinstalled. I had make a recovery dsk which I did. Recently I had to reinstall the OS. All went well untils the updates from microsoft were installed. Then on reboot I am told that my windows vista is not genuine and I am redirected MS home page to buy another OS. If the updates are not allow to load all is OK. Of course the security updates are essential. Spoke to MS and PC World and got no where. Can anyone help?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Microsoft won't be able to help because it is OEM (pre-installed version of Vista) and PC World - well they only sell computers !!

See here enter link description here

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Yo may need to turn off Automatic Updates and install the relevant Service Pack prior to installing any further updates - manually.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Today's bargains phones, tablets, laptops and more for Black...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers