We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows live error message ?

night

Likes # 0

I am with BT Yahoo, and have two computers one desk top and one Lap Top used in travels, when going to my emails it starts to download the emails and then stops with an error Bt Server timed out,in order ro try again I have to come out of Live Mail and back in with luck it continues to load my emails, why is this? and should one download Windows Live again or is it BT at fault ?

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

There are numerous posts about the same thing and there don't appear to be any answers other than to try another browser.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Try this:

1. Open Windows Live Mail, go to 'Tools' > 'Accounts..'

2. Choose your email account and then click on "Properties"

3. Click on the "Advanced" tab

4. Under 'Server Timeouts', drag the slider to change it to a longer or maximum period of timeouts.

Like this post
night

Likes # 0

Many thanks lotvic, I have adjusted as you said and so far it seems to be much better, you see there is always someone out there who has answers to computer problems can't beat PC Advisor. thanks .

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

If that made it better it seems that Bt Server is slow in responding to being asked for/sending to you emails and WLM wasn't waiting long enough between them.

Like this post
night

Likes # 0

I now find that if I use only Yahoo email there is no problems at all, so why is it that the Bt server comes up with an error message saying the server has timed out, but not in Yahoo emails surely there is a fault with either BT or Windows Live Email service

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Bt server comes up with an error message saying the server has timed out

It's a prob with Bt server, the Yahoo server must be ok. Have a read of THIS that's page 7 so it is still happening.

Like this post
night

Likes # 0

Hi lotvic, I have complained to Bt and at last they admit there server has been playing up, not only with me but many others and I am pleased to say the problem is solved I hope.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

thanks for letting us know :) it will save someone else with same problem going round in circles getting nowwhere :(

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The 30 best TV shows on Netflix UK: Our pick of the best programmes you can watch right now

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review (2.6GHz, 128GB, mid-2014)