We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problem with hotmail using Windows 7 SP1

siminimed

Likes # 0

I have a new HP 630 Notebook PC on which I have Windows 7 SP1. When using the Internet I can get to the first page of the firm I am looking at but when I try to look at a second page the screen shows no information. I have tried reinstalling .Net 4 and repairing Windows Live but the problem remains. Can anyone help, please? Or should I return it to "Factory" original status and start again?

Many thanks,

siminimed

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

If you mean LINKS in Hotmail then make sure Internet Explorer is your default browser.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

I have Firefox 13 and Waterfox 13 - Waterfox being my default browser, and both work fine with Hotmail. I did read that there is a problem with the current updated version of Foxit Reader - I also use that but haven't updated it to the current one so far

Also you could try clearing your Firefox cache and checking to see if any of your add-ons are causing a problem.

Like this post
siminimed

Likes # 0

rdave 13. Many thanks for your advice. I did mean links. Internet Explorer 9 is my browser and is set as the default browserbut the problem remains. Cheers siminimed

Like this post
siminimed

Likes # 0

difarn

Thank you for your help. I use Internet Explorer 9 and do not have any of the Firefox programs.

Cheers siminimed

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

difarn, it got fixed ClickHere

06-23-2012, 12:41 PM Foxit confliction problem with hotmail has been fixed the the most current Foxit Reader 5.3.1.0606, please update to it to check if it works for you.

Like this post
Zak

Likes # 0

Are you able to post the link for the "firm"?

Forum members could then try to access on their systems and give you feedback before you return your system to factory settings.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

lotvic

Thanks for the link - I must admit I have just been a bit tardy in updating Foxit as it works ok. I have never had any problem with Firefox as my default browser and Hotmail and I have been using both of them for a few years now.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

lotvic

Updated Foxit reader - all ok. Thanks.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia