We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Looking for a particular type of program, pls help.

Cyberman1969

Likes # 0

Ive been hunting all the web for ages now, I am trying to find an application that would show a file tree of any given installed application.

Using: Windows 7.

Thanks Darrell

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

look for Directory Printer here

This might be what you want.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Here is what I use, in notepad save the text below as treelist.bat file. (or instead of 'treelist' call it whatever you want) Place it in the root directory folder you want to index, then run it (it's a simple one but works for me)

tree /f /a >dir.txt

it saves a simple file tree to dir.txt (it creates that text file in same directory folder that you have the *.bat file) Just remember to rename the dir.txt file to something else before running the program again also before running it make sure there is not already a file called dir.txt.

you could edit the dir.txt in the .bat before you run it if you wanted to. (rightclick on the .bat file > edit)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

How to watch the Windows 9 launch event: no live video stream so catch our Windows 9 launch live...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK