We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Epson GT - 1500 I have created a bit of a problem.

Likes # 0

My grandson set the Epson GT - 1500 scanner up and it worked well. I must have done something wrong after he left because the message, "Can't open Twain Source CanoScan 8400F" came up and another message, Cannot communicate with scanner." As an embarrassed non-technical person could anyone tell me what I need to do to retrieve the situation before my grandson finds up?

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

The scanner hasn't been turned off by any chance?

If not....you could try

Start Type in Administrative Tools Click on Administrative Tools Click on Component Services Click on Services - Local

Scroll down to see if UPnP (universal plug and play) has become disabled - if it has click on that and enable it.

If this doesn't help check to see if your scanner needs an updated driver.

Check that the usb lead hasn't worked loose - try it in another port.

You could consider uninstalling and reinstalling it, letting Windows find the driver.

It may be happening as a result of a recent update - if all else fails you could restore your PC to a time before you started to have the problem.

Like this post

Likes # 0

Many thanks for your advice which I will update you on.The scanner was not turned off.

Just in case I need to follow the following I will let you know what happed. I clicked onto START but when I wanted to type in Administrative Tools Click on Administrative Tools Click on Component Services Click on Services - Local I had no idea how to find Administrative Tools so I could not Click on Component Services Click on Services - Local. This is because I am a rank amateur.

Obviously I was unable to scroll down to see if UPnP (universal plug and play) has become disabled - if it has click on that and enable it.

I did not believe that I needed an updated driver and the usb lead had not worked loose.

I decided to take your advice on uninstalling and reinstalling it but before I did that I uninstalled the HP and the Canon scanner software and now the Epson is working so thank you very much.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Good news - well done.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room