We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Your profile could not be opened correctly.

isititis

Likes # 0

Morning all,OS win 7. This is an issue that I have (Like lots of other people too, I suspect) been having over the last couple of days. My home page is Google and when I boot up the message >Your profile could not be opened correctly. Some features may not be available. Please check that the profile exists and you have permission to read and write its contents< without the arrow heads.

I have tried keying the message into Google, but there doesn't seem to be a cure up to now. Does anyone have the same problem? If so, have you been able to find an answer. My pc is clean.

Any offers, please.

Thank you

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

You do not say which browser you are using - it may be a recent update that has caused this -there are quite a few posts about this happening in Chrome as it self-updates. I believe that Google has said that it is working on a patch.

You could try to empty your browser cache, close the browser and restart your PC but if it is Chrome I think that the problem will re-occur.

Many posters have had to use another browser for the time being or roll back to an archived version of Chrome. The problem then is that it auto-updates and the problem re-occurs so another programme has to run to prevent these self updates.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...