We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Firefox has a strange start-up

Pine Man
Resolved

Likes # 0

Running Windows 7 32 bit and when I launch Firefox 13.0.1, for a split second, it has the appearance of 'aero peek' in that you can see through it before it turns to a 'normal' display. I have tried turning off 'aero peek' but it still does it. Once properly launched it works perfectly.

My lap top running the same version of Firefox behaves normally.

Any ideas?

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

I would be inclined to reinstall it to see if it reoccurs.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Sorry should have said I have already tried that:-(

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Just tried loading older versions of Firefox but the result is the same - when it first launches it is in aero peek mode for a short time.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

I have tried all sorts of things, including new graphics drivers but nothing seemed to work - until I moved the tabs to 'Tabs On Top'. It worked!! I've no idea why it should make a difference but it's ok now.

Thanks for your interest difarn.

Like this post  
difarn

Likes # 0

No problem - glad it's sorted. Something new to learn every day.

Like this post
kirkthebest

Likes # 0

google chrome is the best lol

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

google chrome is the best lol

Tried it and didn't like it. FF is still number one IMHO.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

I agree Pine Man - am also giving Waterfox a try as I have a 64 bit PC. Very good so far.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers