We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

download iso

Ozy

Likes # 0

i want to download an iso file of windows 8 release preview 64 bit, i find the instructions confusing, from google i down loaded one of the choices, and my norton flagged up a virus notice,i started to down load of microsoft downloads, then stopped as i realised it was wiping out my wndows 7

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

The downloads are from here. Select the Englisgh 64-bit iso file and save to where you can easily find it. It will take 3.3 GB space on your hard drive. Once done you will need an iso burning software which will burn it to a DVD. either a DVD-R or a DVD+R will work. Don't think a DVD-RW will work in this instance.

Take note of the product key as you will need it when you install Win 8 using the DVD that you have previously burnt. Hope that helps.

Like this post
Ozy

Likes # 0

i have split the drive into three two (logical drives) i want to install Windows 8 will it install on to a logical drive?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Yes but make sure of the partition you intend to install it to is the right one.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Why BlackBerry isn't dead: Firm keeps Mercedes F1 team driving with enterprise package

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...