We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Gigabyte GA 8 PE800 rev1.1 P4 Titan

Likes # 0

I have the above motherboard, which chipset should I be intalling please, INF chipset or Chipset Intel IAA? Many thanks,

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Your board seems to be too old to show up on the Gigabyte website support page but this link Click Here suggests that it is the Intel IAA you should be looking for.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Is this your mobo/ Gigabyte.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Well found Chronus, I searched and searched for that without success.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

chub_tor

I must admit it was not difficult. lmgtfy.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Chronus that's interesting, when I Googled it all I got was boards for sale on ebay so I went direct to the Gigabyte website and searched there - it wasn't found and did not show up under legacy support. Must try harder next time - but we still haven't directly answered the OP's quextion have we?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

I thought you had,it is indeed intel.

Like this post

Likes # 0

Many thanks Chronus and Chu_tor I have read your various communications. Chronus you say "I thought you had,it is indeed intel." Both the IAA and the INF say they are Intel within the file name.... So which one?

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Click Here it seems that installing both is advisable, I must admit I had never heard of IAA which is the Intel Applications Accelerator.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

My apologies I did not research as far as I should have. May I ask the reason for posting this thread as it is an interesting question and a little background would be useful.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips for beginners: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite