We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Internet Radio no longer finds network

bpzoom

Likes # 0

Maybe a long shot on here but my BT Internet radio connected by wireless to BT Homehub2 ceased to function today. It cannot find the network. Does anyone have one or can help? The radio is Reciva. Their site no longer offers a help option. I cannot get past "network time out". Tried to reset from scratch but it cannot find the network.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

You may find this article of help. It may be because the radio uses a WEP key but the Home Hub by default uses WPA.

Like this post
bpzoom

Likes # 0

Thank you, over a period of hours I had dug up that same article. The 2nd option seemed appropriate as the first requires the earlier hub which has long been binned. Unfortunately the printed admin password on the BT Home Hub plastic card is not being accepted for me to access the hub settings via the website. The Reciva radio expects either a WPA or a WEP code. I have changed nothing and do not know why suddenly the radio is not seen by the hub and the radio cannot find the network. It has worked fine for several years.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Have you tried a different wireless port on your router? I have read that it uses ports 80, 554, 1755, 5000 and 7070 but have no experience of this.

Does your radio have an ethernet port - if so try connecting it by this initially.

Like this post
bpzoom

Likes # 0

Nn, there is no ethernet connection on the wireless. How do you try an different wireless port?

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

You need to go into the configuration pages of your router. Have a look at these instructions from BT on how to proceed.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...