We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 SP1 Won't load

tallboy

Likes # 0

I have tried 5 times to load Windows 7 Service Pack 1 and each time it fails. I have made sure there is enough disk space, updated the drivers & run cCleaner registry check - all to no avail.

I have also explored the Microsoft suggestions for the failure to load. It would appear that it might be caused by the Background Intelligent Transfer Service as this doesn't start. It won't start if you access it manually through the control panel either.

Any suggestions as to the cause of the problem would be welcome.

Thanks, Tallboy

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

You don't provide much information of how you are attempting to install SP1 or what security software you have. Have a look at this MS information it may help, if not provide more details and we may be able to suggest solutions.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

If you have Trusteer Rapport you have to uninstall it before updating to SP1.

Like this post
tallboy

Likes # 0

Thanks for your quick replies johndrew & rdave13. I have tried loading SP1 via the normal updates (which usually work) and also downloading KB976932 (i.e. SP1) going 'off-line' and turning off all functions of Norton Security Suite, in case the presence of that was the cause. I have also loaded (successfully I think) KB947821 which Microsoft claim may solve the problem.

However, thanks rdave13 for the tip that the presence of Trusteer may be the cause. I do have that installed. I'll now un-install it and try again with the off-line loading, so that Norton is not preventing any loading action.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015