We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Deleting files that you haven't used in a while.

Shenron

Likes # 0

I was wondering if there is an option/program that you can use, to get rid of ALL the files that you haven't used for 1/2/3/4 months or more?

I'd like to get rid of all the unnecessary/junk files that possibly hung on even after I uninstalled the software etc. Since I don't remember everything I've ever installed I would just like to get rid of everything on my pc that hasn't been used in let's say 2-3 months. I am using Win7 Ultimate. Thanks in advance. (I really hope I was able to communicate my issue correctly as English isn't my first language)

I did do all I can manually, but you see my PC has 60GB on the (C) drive and it's currently using 50. I do have (D) and (E) which both have a terabyte each, but I would still like to get to the bottom of why (C) is so full even after I have cleaned out pretty much everything that isn't essential. I also ran a Disk Cleanup but that didn't help much. This has been bugging for about a year now and damn it, I'm fixing it this time.

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

Two suggestions:

1) When uninstalling programs you no longer want/need use something like the free version of Revo Uninstaller. After running a program's own uninstall routine, Revo Uninstaller then checks for any left over registry entries and files associated with the program you've removed.

2) Run Ccleaner on a regular basis to remove unnecessary junk, including temporary files etc.

Like this post
Shenron

Likes # 0

Thanks a lot for the advice mgmcc. I'll give it a try.

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

Consider reloading your OS on the bigger drive.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

3 of the best portable chargers: a solar power charger, a hand-cranked charger, and how to charge...

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks