We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

getting rid of MyStartbyIncredibar tool engine in google chrome?

Daisy22

Likes # 0

For the life of me I cannot get rid of this awful toolbar. It is affecting things I want to look at in adobe.

So far I have tried Control Panel, delete programmes etc. and thought it had gone, for a few minutes it had as google chrome was running as normal, how I like it.

It didn't last however, it is back again. I've run microsoft AV, nothing found and Spybot finds lots of things but when I try to get it to fix the problems (including an Incredibar thing) it won't let me and says I have to re run the programme as administrator - I am the administrator ???? so don't understand.

How can I get rid of it please, easy answers I'm not too techy

thanks

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Go to View>Toolbars make sure it is not ticked, then in Tools>Options make sure your chosen Home-page is correctly shown.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

I assume that you possibly acquired this as a result of downloading a game or something and forgot to leave a box unchecked when you were given the option to install the toolbar.

According to various posts on various other forums it is very difficult to remove. If you find that it isn't down as your home page can I suggest that you try a system restore to a point before the problem started.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

To run Spybot add&remove as administrator, simply right click the icon and select run as administrator. It should now get rid of the nuisance ware.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote