We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Screen display problem!!! please help asap!! :(

vish22794

Likes # 0

I have a Samsung LED screen (wide) 19 inch and a saphire radeon 6770 graphics card (2gb) installed. everything was well and the screen was fully occupied and all that! but the last time i switched it on, i find that in an open window, the whole window occupies the full screen (ie the tittle, menu bar, the borders of the window etc.) but the content inside the window doesn't seem to fit the whole screen, it is limited to the centre of the "window". And at the sides i can see the layout or background colour of the particular page that i have opened...

to understand the situation better..please take a look at these pics (screenshots):

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430/vish22794/screenprob2.png

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430/vish22794/screenprob.png

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430/vish22794/screenprob3.png

please help me get it back to normal...thanks in advance...:(

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

What happens if you hold the ctrl key down and use the mouse scroll wheel

Like this post
vish22794

Likes # 0

@tullie..it just bloats the whole thing...the text and all that also become bigger..but see the pics..the text are of proper size...but still..the ends are empty... for example..in tat facebook pic...the fb logo was supposed to be at the extreme left and the username and password at the extreme right (with the same text size)...

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Hover the mouse over left or right-hand side, double-headed arrow should appear, click and hold on arrow and move left or right.

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

From the pictures you have shown I cannot see any problems. I have a 19" LCD Monitor set at 1280 X 1020 this shows a small boarder either side, if I use my Samsung 32" wide screen 1920 X 1080 the boarders are wider.

Consider the text on the web page as a fixed size equivalent to your monitor the only difference is the Monitor is Landscape and the text is portrait. If you was to make the page fit the width of the screen you would loose most of the page at the bottom and would have to scroll down to read it.

Like this post
vish22794

Likes # 0

@Nontek..i tried ur suggestion..but i didnt find any arrows..:( @BRYNIT...no!! before, the text also would fit into the whole screen. i rmember that very well...(everything was potrait)

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

vish22794

Try again, but first click on Icon next to red X at top right corner!

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

The only way I can get the it to fit the full screen would be to change the screen resolution to a lower setting and not the recommended setting.

If you have updated the drivers for the Radeon 6770 graphics card this could have changed the setting to the recommended one creating the boarder.

Like this post
vish22794

Likes # 0

@NONTEK...should i minimise or maximise it before doing that?!? @BRYNIT..Maybe...so shalli try reducin the resolution?!?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I'm with BRYNIT in that it looks like that normally. The only way I can get it to fit the screen is use zoom. Which browser are you using?

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

vish22794

Minimize it.

But reducing the Resolution should be the way to go, but I know from experience that does not always produce the required result.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015