We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

pc keeps freezing and stuttering

sut1576

Likes # 0

hi guys

i have an issue with my pc and i am hoping you guys can help. i have an issue over the last 6 months or so that when i am on my pc it will keep freezing and stuttrting only for a second or so, it happens when i do things like launch firefox lauch origin browse through webpages. it happens alot when am watching movies aswell. when watching the film from my hd ( not disc ) all is fine untill it will strated to freeze for and stutter this can last for about a minute or so then it will suddenly run really fast to catch itself back up and again will run fine after that, the issue seems to be getting worse with the pc freezing and locking up more and more when just lauching my browser. my system is decent running i7 cpu 6gb corsair 1600mhz ram gigabyte ga-ex58-ud5 radeon hd5870 wd velociraptor hd thermaltake toughpower 600w powersupply.

does anyone have any idea what may cause this issue or any idea of a prog that i can download to test the components?

thank you for any help sut

Like this post
sut1576

Likes # 0

i did try to deal with it when it first happened. i tried reinstalling windows several times with no luck, i then had my wedding so just been to busy to have time to sit down and deal with it,

thanks

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Well at least we know that it is probably not a software problem. Which means a hardware issue. That can be tricky to track down.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......