It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion
Help needed reinstalling Vista
Likes # 0
Posted June 9, 2012 at 8:30PM
I was just wondering if anyone could possibly help me. Ive brought my daughter a used PC but it has that much rubbish on it that to clean it all up ive decided to reinstall Windows Vista operating system. But when I go to format the hard drive after typing in the product key number it comes up with an error 0x80070570
Could anyone tell me where im going wrong or if theres something wrong with the hard drive thats stopping me from formatting it properly.
Any help would be muchly appreciated
Likes # 0
Posted June 10, 2012 at 10:59AM
Windows cannot install required files. ... Error code: 0x80070570
Usually means it cannot read the files from the DVD.
Have you had a look at resetting the laptop to factory condition?
1/ Start your PC
2/ If your PC has one operating system Tap the F8 key as your PC starts. If the Windows Logo appear you will need to start again
3/ If you have a dual boot system a Boot option menu will appear. Highlight the Windows operating system and Press the F8 key
4/ In both cases, if all has gone well, an Advanced options screen will now appear
- Startup repair - This automatically fixes problems that are preventing Windows from starting
- System Restore - This will Restore Windows to an earlier point in time
- Windows Complete PC Restore - This will completely restore your entire PC - programs, system settings and files - from a back up that you have previously created (Available in Windows Vista Business, Enterprise and Ultimate editions only)
- Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool - This checks your computer's memory hardware for errors
- Command Prompt - This opens a Command Window
Make and model of laptop?
Reply to this topic
This thread has been locked.