We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

A virus locked my PC.

george.costa

Likes # 0

A virus captured the screen and a statement in english and german states: Please wait while the connection is being established.I keep pressing F2, F8 F12 Ctrl-O, but nothing happens.What else can I do?

Like this post
george.costa

Likes # 0

It is the same virus that capture the screen with the 'PC locked by Police'

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Read and follow this link then run your virus checker and anti-malware software and reboot.

Like this post
annieluise

Likes # 0

Have you identified the virus which locked your PC? I would recommend you to first identify the virus and then use an automatic worm removal tool to remove that virus from your PC. Because removing it manually might not be easy for a novice user. As in my case when my PC has been infected with W32.Guass then after searching on Net I used an automatic W32.Guass removal tool for removing it efficiently from my system. And now my PC is completely virus free. Here is the link : http://www.virusremoval-tool.net/remove-w32-guass-know-how-to-delete-w32-guass-safely-from-your-pc

Like this post
manoj9585

Likes # 0

When you go to safe mode with command prompts type in MSCONFIG then click on start up tab then find which one is the most likeliest to be the malware unclick that box apply it then restart your pc. It should work as the one you unclick should be pretty obvious then see if your pc works and after download any malware program and scan your comp.sticker printing

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July