We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

win 8 Beta

sharpamat
Resolved

Likes # 0

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Thank you.

We'll give it another try!

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

Win 8 downloads and install very simply from within win 8 c.r. and other O.S. No need to put download onto dvd.

Note you need to keep any data before you load new win8.

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

I am trying to force myself to use this O.S. With other WIN's I have looked at them as an update and for the most part that has worked - ie a lot of the new program was the same as the old.

I think this win8 needs to be looked at as a new type of program - like you would think of any non win O.S.

Like this post
Matt Egan

Likes # 0

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Well, now.

I am advised by the installation programme that my two week old Acer Aspire, with its Core 13 13-330M processor is not up to the task of running Windows 8!

One wonders what processor power the new o/s really needs, particularly since the preview version ran perfectly well on another Acer Aspire, which is two years older.

Like this post
woody

Likes # 0

Has anyone used Win 8 on a desk top PC for any length of time with a touch screen?

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

I only tryed it because of the rumor that it was possable to disable Metro, which is incorrect.

Microsoft may be determined that Metro is the only way foward, however end users will prove then correct or incorrect in the sales figures.

Hence Win 8 has been removed from my system

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015