We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

some files i can't download in windows update

habs2habs

Likes # 0

Hi everyone

please i need your help.

There are some files i can't download and install in my pc,by using windows update.

I even went to microsoft websites trying to install them one by one,everytimes i tried to download those files an error come up saying:

Mainly (MICROSOFT.NET FRAMEWORK),files. So far the files are: KB2657424 KB2604111 KB978601 KB979309 KB982670

Everytimes i tried to download those file,an error comeup saying:

The installation failed The windows installer service could not be accessed,this can occur if the windows installer is not correctly installed,contact your support personal for assistant.

Can you please help me solving this problems

I have windows vista 64bit home premium

I hope to hear from you very soon

My kindest regards habs

Like this post
dms_05

Likes # 0

Microsoft .NetFramework comes in many versions and you can only update the versions you have installed. I suspect the file Updates that are failing are for versions of .NetFramework you don't have installed.

Like this post
axa

Likes # 0

I ALSO HAVE THIS PROBLEM, I CANNOT DOWNLOAD NET FRAMEWORK UPDATES NOR MICROSOFT OFFICE UPDATES, SECURITY UPDATES I CAN DOWNLOAD. I THINK THE PROBLEM LIES WITH THE WINDOWS INSTALLER WHICH HAS BEEN CORRUPTED OR HAS MISSING REGISTRY KEYS, DO YOU USE SYSTEM MECHANIC? APPARENTLY IT CAN CAUSE A PROBLEM WITH ITS REGISTRY CLEANER I RECEIVE ERROR CODE 641 WHEN I ATTEMPT TO DOWNLOAD WINDOWS UPDATES I HAVE YET TO FIND A SIMPLE ANSWER FOR. THIS YOU MAY HAVE TO CHANGE OR REPLACE FILES IN THE REGISTRY I USE WINDOWS VISTA 32BIT HOME PREMIUM, I AM SORRY I CANNOT BE OF MORE HELP AS I AM STILL SEEKING A SOLUTION FOR THIS MYSELF

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Google Fit vs Apple Health Kit: What's the difference?

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone